If you are planning a golf tournament for this summer or just ordering for your staff tournament or corporate giving, you might want to read these suggestions. Here at MOBO Promotional Solutions we can help guide you in delivering a perfect day on the links. These suggestions are from the MOBO Promotional Solutions Buying Guide for Consumers – Simplifying Promotional Products.
- When choosing golf apparel look first to your budget and determine what that is on a per item basis.
- Consider the time of year…are they playing in normal summer golf weather here in Canada or do your clients typically golf in the winter months in desert or tropical locations?
- Next, make your selection based on finding the best technical attributes for items that fall within your budget
- From that point, choose based on colors and desired decorating
- Be sure to order a wide variety of sizes if these are for general giving or if they are for specific individuals make sure to distribute the manufacturer’s sizing guide to those who will be wearing the item.
b) General Giving
- General rule of thumb for giving items pertaining to golf is to go with the best brand, quality or features within your budget constraints. Rest assured there is something for every budget!
- Buy in the off season. For example, the best golf balls specials are in Q4 and Q1 each year.
- Golf tournaments are such a great way to thank your clients or to raise funds for a cause, but they are a lot of work and need extensive pre-planning. Here at MOBO we have staff that have planned many golf tournaments and are more than happy to help you with your planning!
- You may want to consider a customized invitation to “Save the Date” which we can help you develop.
- Familiarize yourself with the golf course your tournament is being held at and make sure you sit down with the head professional and understand their operational standards for tournaments with guests to their course:
- What is exactly included in the golfer fee?
- Do they allow outside food vendors on the holes or for breakfast or lunch?
- Do they provide water bottles for every golfer?
- Signage on the cart?
- On-course signage rules/opportunities and who is responsible for placement and retrieval?
- What contests do they recommend?
- What holes are a Par 3 for Hole in One contests?
- Can they obtain Hole In-One insurance on your behalf?
- Do they provide a tee gift?
- Is there a pro-shop credit for each golfer included in the fee that you can use to select team gifts with?
- Having all those questions will guide you in choosing which items you need to source through MOBO. Again, we are more than happy to work with you in planning a stellar golf tournament that players will want to return for each and every year!
It is never too early to start planning for the golf season and in fact, we already have some great specials on golf balls! Check out our Hot Deals page on our website www.mobopro.com.